Sunday, January 2, 2011

Year End Results...

So I found this picture on my mom's camera a few months ago, and I was never really ready to share it...until now. I took some pics this morning because I am starting phase three of P90X, and when I compared these pics to the one from my mom's camera, it shocked me.

I don't ever remember looking like this. Ever.






Since it is the end of the year, and I know so many people have been following this (even though you haven't been commenting... haha), I don't mind sharing numbers. Hey, I am actually happy with my new numbers, so I don't mind sharing at all. ;)

Beginning pant size: 22 Current pant size: 8 (I WANT TO BE A 6 SOON!)
Beginning Weight: 240 Current weight: 157 (I still want this lower!)

Beginning Upper Waist (under bra strap): 39 Current: 29
Beginning Waist (belly button): 42 Current: 31
Beginning Hips (across butt): 52 Current: 38
Beginning Thighs (widest part): 30 Current: 19
Beginning Arm (widest part): 16 Current: 11
Beginning Neck: 15 Current: 12
Beginning Body Fat Percentage: 35.89% Current: 25.28
NOTE: I only started calculating body fat two months ago when I started P90X.
Note: The average body fat of a woman is 32%, with an "ideal" of 22%. I am almost there!


When looking at these pictures and numbers, all I can say is, "Wow." I never realized that I had gotten so big... and I definitely never thought I could be an 8... or even a 6 (in the next two months or so). I never thought I would be able to do pull ups (yes, I did them last night. Thanks, P90X), and I never thought I would love dresses, heels, jewelry, and lacy tops.

A LOT has changed this year, and I have kept this blog to remind myself of why I do this. This isn't about a goal pant size or a goal weight. It is about loving myself enough to TAKE CARE OF MYSELF. Yes, I will admit that I can be a little obsessed with the scale and with my measurements and diet, but there are worse things in the world, right? ;) I will never be "done" with this lifestyle change. It isn't something that you do and then finish. I have come entirely too far to want to go back to what I was.

Thanks for all the love and support. I know MANY of you are working hard to be more healthy.

Hell, if I can do it... ANYONE can do it.

4 comments:

  1. Heidi: You were always beautiful, but you look great! What a great job! Scott's starting P90X soon so I may be asking you a LOT of questions (especially about food since I'm in charge of the meals). Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog thanks to my coworker and friend Kourtney. You are an inspiration. I just started the same journey and your blog is my new go to when I need that extra push. I currently weigh 244 and am looking to drop 100 lbs. Thank you so much for posting your meal info...I would love to get some other tips and info from you to help get me on the right track. Congrats to you, you look AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey this is your sister. I'm not sure if you will get this, but I've wanted to tell you that you are my inspiration to lose weight and lead a healthy lifestyle even though I'm not sure what exercises to do or even what to eat to some extent. I've recently been spending a lot of time researching but so many articles contradict one another that I don't know what to believe. So I decided to do what you did because you're a real-life example. No, I'm not obese, but I think I can lose a few pounds and inches and work on strengthening my muscles. If you can do it, I know I can too. Thanks big sis you and Erika have turned out to be wonderful role models for me. Love, Morgan

    ReplyDelete