Monday, January 3, 2011

What I Eat...

Since posting yesterday, I have had a TON of e-mails and private messages through facebook asking how I did it. What is my diet? How do I work out? I responded to a few people, but I think I may have confused most of you because I rambled on and on without giving much EXACT advice.

Here is an example of what I eat daily:

Breakfast:
Egg white omelet with turkey sausage, red peppers, green peppers, and fat free cheddar.
Toast (double fiber) with Smart Balance low fat "butter"
5 Blue Berries, 5 Raspberries
Coffee with Sun Crystals (natural sweetener) and Splenda Flavoring and Whipped Cream (guilty pleasure)

Morning Snack:
Yogurt - Greek no fat yogurt with Sun Crystals... vanilla extract and cinnamon
OR!!!! Carb Master Yogurt from Kroger

Lunch:
Grilled Chicken
Edamame
OR Steamed Broccoli OR Baked Cauliflower with olive oil/garlic/Parmesan cheese

Afternoon Snack:
2 Tbs Hummus
9 Crackers
Fat Free Babybel Cheese
Deli Meat - TURKEY!

Post-Workout Shake:
Amplify Protein

Dinner:
Two "hand fulls" of Raw Spinach
Grilled Chicken
Fat Free Cheddar
A hand full of Sunflower Seeds
5 Croutons
1 Tbs Buttermilk Ranch Dressing


I haven't done the math for this day, but it equals about 1100 -1200 calories. This day has MORE fat than carbs because of the Sunflower Seeds and the Salad Dressing, but the important thing is that you eat 50% protein and LOTS of fiber from the carbs you DO eat.

NOTE: It is VERY important that you drink a LOT of water when doing a high protein regimen. Eating too much protein is NOT good for your kidneys! You need to flush it out as much as possible! Thus, you should drink AT LEAST half your body weight in ounces DAILY!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing all this, Heidi. It is extremely helpful for us attempting to emulate you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Question: do you do a good chunk of your cooking on a certain day? I mean, how do you manage to do your lunch- do you just make a few pieces Sunday evening or something?

    ReplyDelete