Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Having Quite a Rough Week...

After an AMAZING weekend, this week has just been... well... rough in terms of my weight loss and exercise.

Saturday:
Washed the Car
Ran some errands
Ran 4 miles in 27 minutes (yes, I typed that correctly!!!!!!!!!!)
P90x Upper Body
P90x Ab Ripper X

Can you say, "I did entirely too much?!" Yes, I lost 2 pounds that day, but guess what? I couldn't move on Sunday - literally. My hip flexors (I have ALWAYS had problems with my right one) were SHOT. I had to make a trip to the doctor AND to the massage therapist on Monday. It was an expensive mistake - cost me both time AND money. And I am STILL not 100%.

My doctor told me to lay off this week. Do you know how FRUSTRATING THAT IS?! I am eating the same foods as I regularly do, but I am not losing weight or inches. Duh... that happens when you can't exercise as hard as you regularly do.

Here's the problem: I am worried that I am starting to get just a tad obsessive! :( I haven't gained any weight or inches, and my "goal pants" are actually starting to get a little loose in the butt and thighs, but I am still frustrated with my body and where I am. I looked in the mirror this morning and literally thought my lower stomach was HUGE! I know. I know... how can I lose over 80 pounds and over 54 overall inches and STILL be frustrated with my body?!

I am so thankful for the pictures and for actually typing my lost inches. However, I think I am having problems because I no longer have a SET goal. I reached my goal weight. I reached my goal pant size... but I can lose ONE more, right?! haha See... there's the problem. I have to be satisfied somewhere.

I lost weight over the last year by SETTING REALISTIC GOALS. I am not sure if any of my new goals are realistic anymore. For example: after 25 years of being EXTREMELY overweight, is it possible to want a flat stomach WITHOUT the help of surgery (I will NEVER EVER have ANY sort of surgery to help with my weight loss, by the way. I want to do it ON MY OWN! It is EXTREMELY important to me that I achieve this... not a doctor achieving it for me!)???? The same goes for my triceps. It is possible to want NO skin on the back of my arms? I'm not sure. I NEVER thought I would EVER be a size 8 (literally... I was a size 12 in Jr. High and a 14 in High School). But I did it. So maybe those things are possible too.

One more comment for those of you working out/dieting: See... it's ok to have rough weeks. I looked back at my P90X work out calendar and noticed that I highlighted one or two weeks that were just... off. Does that make sense? There were weeks in the past where I just had ROUGH weeks! This is another one of those weeks! I will just accept it, move on, and take it ONE day at a time! I completed my work out for the day (and it felt REALLY good! It was intense!), and that's all that matters. Tomorrow is a new day!

2 comments:

  1. You can do it! It may be the cold that's getting to your bones too. :)

    Maybe your goals (more than your body) can keep going along the lines of your running?

    For example, if you can run 4 miles in 27 minutes (holy cow, you're awesome!) you can start training for a marathon or something? That way you maintain the healthy lifestyle without constantly nitpicking an area you feel is not "perfect" because I am sure you look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my inspiration....rough week or not, I totally think you are amazing. I would really love to talk to you more about your workouts and meals in the begining when you fist started. My email address is michellebtanner@gmail.com if you have the chance to give me some pointers.

    ReplyDelete