Lesson for the day:
MAKE (and keep) A PLAN!
Seriously... Keep track of what you're eating - don't just ASSUME you are eating what you are supposed to. At first it was really tough and annoying for me because I just didn't understand how food works. But once I had the correct formula, it really helped. I have already mentioned that I need the following percentages: 45% protein, 35% GOOD fat, <20% carbs.
How to do that. Go to www.sparkpeople.com; there you can keep track of EVERY bite! Then when you are done with planning your food for the day, you can click on the overview of the day, and it calculates your percentages for you. This is IMPORTANT because one snack could completely ruin your daily percentages. Thus, you need to plan to eat it before you put it in your mouth!
P.S. - sparkpeople.com is FREEEEEEEEE... use it.
One last thing:
MEASURE YOUR FOOD!
Yes, yes, yes... I know. I thought I would NEVER, EVER be the person who counts my almonds or weighs my meat. But... it makes a difference. Example: there is a pasta sauce that I love, and I love it because it is only 40 calories per serving. However, months ago, I would just pour the sauce into the pot without knowing that I was really using a LOT more than I was supposed to. So if 1/2 cup=40 calories, and I ate 1 cup without knowing... that's double the calories.
*I didn't wake up in time for my morning work out, so I am going to have to do it during lunch.
The hip is bothering me again, so I am going to have to focus on arms today. I am SERIOUSLY going to get those triceps in shape!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment