Wednesday, November 10, 2010

P90X Week 4 Almost Complete!

12 pounds down in four weeks (and losing more and more inches every time I measure)! Believe it or not, this is a healthy weight loss - an average of 3 pounds a week. That is what most trainers and nutritionists suggest.

Here is something that I have been hearing a LOT:
"You look absolutely amazing! How did you do it?!.... Wow, can you sustain something this strenuous?"

And I never really had an answer for those people. Here's the thing. This isn't a diet; it hasn't been a diet since the first day I started. It is a LIFESTYLE CHANGE! There is a huge difference between the two. Am I going to be on P90X forever? That's impossible. I don't know what I will be doing once I complete it, but I DO know that I will figure something out. I have had to re-evaluate my nutrition and fitness goals SEVERAL times throughout this process, and that is something that isn't going to change.

TAKE IT ONE DAY AT A TIME. It's hard to think: "I have 100 pounds to lose" or "I am on this diet for a year." However, it is MUCH easier to think: "I am going to work on losing another 5 pounds" or "Don't think about next week, I am going to work out TODAY."

I can't believe I have learned all of these lessons. This works for anything in life. Want to save money? Do it a little bit at a time. All you need is a goal and a plan to achieve it. It's quite exhilarating to know that you can't control everything, but you can control a whole heck of a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment