P90X is probably the best thing I could have ever done at this point in my weight loss journey.
At the end of day four I have lost a total of 7 pounds. I am NOT joking or exaggerating. I was completely and utterly shocked when I got on the scale this morning.
After months and months of Atkins dieting, I was terrified of following the diet specified by Beach Body. I was REALLY worried about eating what I thought was "so many carbs." Here are my new diet percentages: 50% protein, 30% carbs, 20% fat. I am working out so much that my carbs are being burned before they can be stored as fat.
At the end of each workout, I am COMPLETELY drenched, and I feel FANTASTIC. I feel stronger, I have a TON of energy, and I want more! Granted, I am sore for DAYS after the work outs, but I really do feel amazing.
Some side injuries and plans of traveling have made it difficult for me to complete the first week exactly the way the schedule says to, but I am trying.
I have learned this week that NUTRITION IS 90% OF THE BATTLE. YOU CAN'T WORK OUT AND EAT CRAP AND THEN EXPECT TO SEE SERIOUS RESULTS. YOU CAN'T HALF-WAY COMMIT - IT HAS TO BE ALL OR NOTHING.
Stay healthy!
No comments:
Post a Comment